Role of Centre for Research in India System of Medicine (CRISM):
- To participate in the collaborative research programmes and to facilitate in developing repository of crude drugs and natural product extracts of ISM drugs at CRISM in USA and clinical trials for ISM /botanical products in India.
- To maintain a mirror repository of all the voucher specimens, crude drugs, reference standards and natural product extracts deposited with CRISM in USA.
- To help AYUSH in developing collaborative grant proposals for submission to appropriate funding agencies in USA in the area of botanical quality control and standardization as well as herbal drug development.
- To develop linkages with AYUSH organizations namely, Pharmaceutical Laboratory of Indian Medicine (PLIM)/Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeial Committee (APC) /Unani Pharmacopoeial Committee (UPC) for their active involvement in the activities of CRISM.
- To organize seminars, workshops and training programmes
The mirror center of CRISM in IIIM, Jammu - This Center would work for the fulfillment of following Objectives and goals of Centre for Research in Indian Systems of Medicine (CRISM):
1. Advocacy for Indian Systems of Medicine in the U.S.A.
- To disseminate authentic information about the strengths of Indian Systems of Medicine (Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha) and to help clarify the misconceptions about these systems of medicines in the U.S.A.
- To facilitate awareness generation regarding Indian System Medicine by means of education, training, workshops and exchange programmes between Indian and U.S. institutions.
2. R&D activities
- To define and undertake research and developmental activities based on the potential of the ISM and the latest scientific advances for promotion and scientific acceptance of the ISM and its products thereof.
- To create a repository of crude drugs, extracts and reference standards for research and regulatory requirements.
3. Preparation of Dossiers for Market Authorization
- To encourage and facilitate cooperation for research activities between the Indian and U.S. academic and research institutions and industry in the areas of standardization and quality control of ISM / botanical drugs and herbal drug development.
- Preparation of Indian medicine drug dossier for market authorization in the U.S.
- To facilitate dialogue between the Indian scientific community and the regulatory bodies of the two countries and to evolve a platform for such regular exchange.
- To identify an industry partner with an advanced lead on proprietary or classical drugs and help in the preparation of a dossier for market authorization in the U.S.